Sunday, September 2, 2012

Clear Liquids, growling tummy....

So they say clear liquids for a week..... well that just plain sucks. I am really hungry at this point, and have already contemplated moving on to yogurts and pudding. I can't keep myself energized with just clear liquids and am finding myself fantasizing about oatmeal... yea, oatmeal. So whats a girl to do? Break the rules of course....

Now before y'all yell at me, I just want to say that I feel great. I am not in much pain at all and I can really feel the band working and have already found myself in tune with it. So I gave some pudding a shot, plain ol' vanilla pudding, and it was fantastic! Don't worry, I'm still too scared to push it much beyond that and have been sticking to chicken broth for the most part... I really hope that this phase doesn't last long, I want to get back to normalcy as quickly as possible. (You will come to find while reading this blog that I am as impatient, as I am laid back. Great combination most of the time, but in this case it makes me feel like a yo-yo.)

As far as an update goes, I feel great! My incisions are healing up nicely and I only have a small amount of pain that is localized to those sites. I can feel the band in there... I can feel restriction and even feel full with liquids, but only for a while since they slide right through. I have no gas pains, and only had a little right after surgery, AND they never made their way up to my shoulders. SUHWEET!  I am moving around with ease, and am only sore after sitting for a long time.

Ever hear the saying that nurses make awful patients? Well that goes for pretty much anyone in the healthcare field, and being a nursing student means that I know the limits, which means I know how to push them. So with that in mind, I have gone straight back to mommy life, with help from my own mommy, and am taking care of my little man like this never happened. He didn't give me much of a choice in the matter, bolting right at me as soon as I walked in the door. He has been so sweet, though, he knows that I hurt and even pointed at my belly and said oooooo, which is Owie for a one year old. (you know, in case you didn't know. ;) )


2 comments: